Download the manual
Congratulations on your purchase and commitment to your art and your audience! Please go to the StompLight website and register your Pal using the registration number found on the base.
Warning! Never plug a microphone or any audio source into the DMX input/output jacks. These jacks are for DMX connection only.
Warning! Do not use non-StompLight power adapters as they may damage your StompLight product.
Warning! You are going to need a bigger Tip Jar!
Active Powering your Pal - Plug in the included StompLight 12-volt 1.5 amp center-positive Power Adapter to a standard power source. The StompLight Pal is now active powered. StompLight products may also be active powered with an optional StompLight Power Bank providing up to 7 hours of "unplugged" operation.
Brightness Adjustment - Brightness may be adjusted using the Brightness Adjustment Knob.
How to attach your StompLight Pal to a microphone stand. The StompLight Pal comes with the holes and fasteners installed for two positions (3 screws in a triangular shape on base) for the optional mounting to a microphone stand using our StompLight mic stand adapter. See pic below. You can purchase this adapter on the StompLight website. This is a great way to side fill a performance area or light a keyboardist, pedal steel player or a drummer. Please note: Use of any other screws or drilling into enclosure is a violation of warranty.
How to connect your StompLight Pal
With a StompLight DMX Professional effect pedal as the Controller
- Stage your Pro and Pal(s).
- Power up the StompLight DMX Professional effect pedal.
- Locate the DMX out connector on the rear panel of StompLight DMX Pro. Using DMX 3-pin cable, “daisy chain” your StompLight Pal(s) via the in/out DMX connectors on each unit. Mic cables will work if you do not have DMX 3-pin cables.
- Power up your StompLight Pals using the included StompLight power adapters or the rechargeable StompLight Power Banks.
- Turn on the lighting on the StompLight Pro and scroll through the Modes. Whatever lighting you choose and whatever adjustments you make will be replicated on each of the StompLight Pals.
With a StompLight DMX Pro as the Controller and additional StompLight DMX Professional effect pedals as Slaves/Clients.
- Stage your StompLight products.
- Choose which StompLight DMX Professional effect pedal will be the Controller and power it up.
- Locate the DMX out connector on the rear panel of the StompLight DMX Pro you selected as the Controller. Using DMX 3-pin cable, “daisy chain” the additional StompLight DMX Professionals and StompLight Pal(s) via the in/out DMX connectors on each unit.
- Power up each additional StompLight DMX Pro in the daisy chain holding down the MODE foot-switch. These StompLight DMX Pros will now be configured in Slave / DMX Client Mode.
- Power up the StompLight Pals.
- Using the StompLight DMX Pro you selected as the Controller turn on the lighting and switch through the Modes. Whatever lighting you choose and whatever adjustments you make will be replicated on each of the StompLights configured as Slaves/DMX Clients and the Pals.
- During your performance if you power off the StompLights configured as Slave/DMX clients, they will automatically revert to factory default when powered back up. To restore them back to Slave mode you simply need to power them back up holding down the MODE switch as described above.
StompLight Pal is not responding
StompLight Pal needs to be connected to a StompLight Pro Effect Pedal, StompLight Junior, or an active DMX lighting controller that is on and sending a signal to the Pal.
Cable may be improperly connected.
Unplug power adapter, wait 10 seconds and plug power adapter back in.
Try a different microphone cable or a 3-pin DMX cable. You may purchase these through the Stomplight website.
LED Array or Diffuser becomes loose
Carefully tighten the Array screws using a 1/16 Allen Wrench.
StompLight Pal is not Powering Up
Inspect Power Adapter. StompLight requires a center-positive 12 volt 1.5 amp power adapter. Typical effect pedal adapters will not work. If a replacement is needed contact StompLight.
When using the StompLight Power Bank be sure all cables are secure and Power Bank’s green indicator LEDS are lit.
Verify wall power is active
LED Array may be damaged
Here are some suggestions on staging your StompLight.
- Start by performing with lower amounts of light. Take caution in the angle and brightness. Take some video and pics. You'll be surprised how good you look at lower brightness.
- Purchase some rechargeable StompLight Power Banks. They make set up/break down so easy!
- Understand the eye responds to colors in different ways. Blue will seem dimmer but not in the video or pics.
- If there are house lights in the performance area dim them if possible.
- The StompLight Professional and StompLight Pal work as extraordinary up-lights but may be positioned to side fill or also back light. StompLight products can be set on pedal boards, speaker cabinets, easily mounted to mic stands using the StompLight Surface-Mount Flange Mic Stand Adapter (Female), set on DJ decks, and keyboards. Explore and have fun. Send us your videos and pics! We love to see them.
- Solo & Duo Performers - Typical placement of a StompLight is on the floor off to the side. Duos can place a StompLight on the floor in between each performer or ideally add a StompLight Pal providing each artist to have lighting on each side. As always adjust the brightness so it is not over powering.
- Bands and DJs – Suggested options:
- Best set up is each performer has a StompLight Professional Effect Pedal or StompLight Pal highlighting their artistic area.
- Take caution in the angle and brightness. Less is more.
- A couple StompLight Pros set as a side fill or placed in the front of a band/DJ will add exciting color with independent control.
- Place a StompLight DMX Professional highlighting the drum kit set to Microphone Mode and the drum sound and audio frequencies will create dynamic lighting effects.
- See the DJ/EDM Artist Animation on the StompLight website. Run a mono feed from your mixer into the 1/4" input. Add additional daisy chained StompLight Pals on the floor in front of your performance deck facing the audience.
Features - v03.17
- Cree LEDs with optical control, RGB color mixing at 400 lumens
- DMX512 compatible and capable of being a stand-alone stage light
- Designed in the form factor of a floor monitor with multiple lighting angles
- Light weight and robust
- Quickly mounts to a mic stand with a StompLight Mic Stand Adapter.
- Ultimate portability using our optional Rechargeable StompLight Power Brick for "off the grid" use
- Robust powder coated custom engineered aluminum enclosure
- Adjustable brightness with a vintage Daier “Moog Synth” control knob
- 3-pin DMX connectors for daisy chaining with StompLight products and other DMX products
- 12 volt 1.5 amp power requirement with included “center position” wall wort power adapter
- Length: 7.3” (18.4 cm) x Width 5.3” (13.5 cm) x Height 3.9” (10 cm)
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Engineered and Assembled in the USA
- 1 year warranty
- This product is covered by U.S. Patent Nos: 9,462,654; 9,185,776
- FCC, IC and CE compliant. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules
Register your Product on the StompLight Website
All StompLight products come with a one year limited warranty on parts and workmanship from date of purchase (or delivery, in the case of pre-orders). The warranty remains valid only if you have registered your StompLight product on the StompLight website with the serial number on the unit not defaced or removed. Warranty does not cover damage due to misuse, unauthorized tampering, accident or neglect. During this period we will repair or replace (at our option) defective units free of charge. If you have a problem most issues can be resolved by visiting the Frequently Asked Questions and reviewing the Troubleshooting Chart.
If your issue cannot be resolved there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with General Repair Ticket Request (see below) and we will help you.
General Repair Ticket Request requires the following information.
- Are you the original purchaser?
- Date purchased
- Where did you purchase your product?
- What is wrong with it?
If we can't get you back up and running with some techy mojo via email we may ask you to ship us your StompLight. We require a Return Merchandise Authorization before returning a StompLight product for repair. We only repair products that have been made by us. There will be repair fees for our products that have malfunctioned from user error like plugging in wrong power supply, running an audio signal into the DMX connectors or running over it with a truck, etc.
RMA-Return Merchandise Authorization/Shipping Details
Once we receive your Repair Ticket Email Request we may issue you a RMA -Return Merchandise Authorization. The customer then ships the unit to StompLight with the RMA number written prominently on the package. The customer pays the shipping to StompLight.
MJ Ahern / StompLight International, LLC
20 Portola Avenue - 365
El Granada, CA 94018 USA
If there is a real failure that is covered by the warranty we will fix or replace the unit, and send it back to the customer, shipping paid by StompLight International LLC. If there is a problem that is not covered by warranty, we will give you a repair estimate and the customer may approve the repair or choose not to. Customer pays for the repair and for the return shipping and handling
When return shipping charges and repair fee apply they will need to be collected prior to shipping the StompLight product back to the customer.
Refund and Exchange Policy If you are not satisfied with your StompLight product, email us. We will work like crazy to make you a satisfied customer.
StompLight International, LLC, 20 Avenue Portola - 365, El Granada, CA 94018, 650.815.7997 info@stompLight.com